Friday, March 13, 2009

Good Bye D & G !!!!


Me at the D & G one of the last days I worked there! I took this picture myself with my cell phone!!!

Last Saturday night was my last night at my job, I had worked there on and off for 16 yrs. It was really hard to think that the D & G was no longer going to be there. I mean I had not only worked there for 16 yrs (more or less) but I had made many friends and memories there. In the time I worked there I had gone through so much in my life and many historical events had happened. Through all the years meeting people, customers and co workers....There are some I will never forget. Lisa and Patty whom we lost in a fire 1 1/2 yrs ago. to Doris who was a cook there and Michael another cook. Many memories some happy and some sad. There have been many customers we've seen come and go also......one couple that use to come in was Vivian and Harlan. They had been coming there forever. They were so cute they always order PBR in a can with a glass of ice I guess maybe they either liked it really cold or they came from a time when they didn't have cold cans of beer. Anyways which ever it was they were a delight to wait on and they loved the fried chicken and tenderloins. Vivian pasted away last year and Harlan is in a nursing home now. I am not even sure if he knows he has lost her.
It's funny how people come in and out of our lives and it s true what they say about them leaving little footprints behind.
I will miss the D & G and all of the people I met but I guess nothing lasts forever and all good things come to an end eventually.
If I had the chance to say goodbye......which we didn't ....I would be thinking of that song....
I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places, that this heart of mine embraces, all day through.
The song is in the movie "the notebook"

No comments: