Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why I believe that my Husband and I were mean to be...

Well call me a dreamer or hopeless romantic, but......

When I was little my Grandparents both traveled, my Dad's parents went to Mexico. I was fasinated by that. I cherished the little souveniors. They even brought coins back. Same with my Mom's parents they went to Spain and I was really interested in all the treasures and pictures.
When I was little I always liked it when we had reports on foreign countries, I always wanted Spain or Mexico, because I could use a Pinata as my visual for the report. Later in high school I took a class called "World foods" it was exactly what it sounds like, we made food from other countries. It was very interesting to me. Then I unaware of it went out with 3 different boys who were of Mexican descent. I mean I know it may sound weird but I never thought wow he is Mexican, I just thought wow he is Steve Martinez. It was a nice boy I went to school with, not the mexican kid in my grade. I just I have always been alittle color blind when it came to people. I really like people for who they are as a person not what religion or race they are.
I don't know why I have such a interest in other countries but I do. I have never really tried to learn another lanuage except when I was little Lindsey Cummings and I took Spanish at a church( I believe it was a church) It was fun, but all I remember is "Como esta hu sted" . "muo bien gracias". for those of you like me who don't speak spainish that was "how are you"? "Fine thank you". ha ha. Anyways later on my Brother John learned spainish and went abroad to Mexico, met his wife and got married. John introduce us to more Mexican culture and food. We were somewhat guinea pigs for John when he was learning to make food from Mexico. It was fun except for the first time he made me mole. ewww I still don't like that.
Back to the point of my story.....sorry ADHD kicking in AGAIN!!!
I remember the day we met....I was working at Hunan's I was pregnant with Nicole at the time.
I was also married to my first Husband, I would never thought my life would take the turn it did.
Lets just say he was always there and I never really looked at him. Atleast not that way, there was nothing wrong with him, it was just I was married and had other stuff going on in my life. Like raising 3 small children,1 didn't even speak english yet, 2 in diapers and a husband unfortunatey to involved with his own life to participate in ours. Things happened my married ended, and Andres was all the sudden visable to me. He was nice, polite and caring. He loved kids he was good with them. Funny because he was never really a kid himself. He grew up fast and took care of his Mom most of his young life. He came to America as a teen and took care of himself. In 1993 we started dating and he became everything to me , a friend, a boyfriend and he took care of me and the 2 youngest kids. Later after we married he even took on the role of Dad to the kids when my ex husband wasn't always around and stepdad to my son Chris.
We have had some ups and downs along the way but I know we will be together forever, we were met to be he loves me and I love him and we know all of each others faults and we still stay. That is why I know we were predestine to be together.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

That's great!..I've never heard that! But...your spanish spelling could use some work haha!

Jen said...

Hey, I try. haha